Gardening is an everlasting battle against the weather, adverse soil conditions and pests and diseases. In every garden, on every allotment, every year some plants will suffer from these things. Don't be put off, gardeners rarely have to deal with more than a few of them at a time.
It is a waste of time to try and fight against nature, don't make the garden fit the plants, choose plants that fit YOUR garden. These pages are dedicated to providing you with all you need to know about the basics of allotments as well as tips you can use in your garden.
The SWCAA promote the benefits of Organic Gardening.
Click on the links below:
- Watering wisely on the allotment - SWCAA's top tips for saving and using water.
- How to get and keep an allotment - Information on finding and keeping your allotment plot.
- Make your own compost - Find all you need to know about compost making and its benefits.
- Compost activators and soil conditioners - What works best for your soil.
- Green manures - What to grow and the benefits they bring.
- Fertilizers - How to make them and their uses.
- Pests - Find out what to look for and how to deal with them.
- Diseases - What to do when disease attacks.
- Beneficial plants and trees - Find the best plants for attracting wildlife.
- Companion planting - Plants that help each other out!